Holiday Market in Royal Oak, MI, an award-winning family owned gourmet grocery store, is looking for self-motivated and energetic people to fill our open positions. If we do not currently have an open position in your specific specialty, you may submit an Application for Employment.
WHY WORK AT HOLIDAY?
Start off with strong pay
90-day review with the expectation of wage increase
We train you to increase your value
When you create more value – we pay you more
WHAT SETS US APART
- Full time or part time positions available
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance available
- 401K with 3% employer match available after one year
- 10% Employee Discount on groceries
- 40-45 hours per week
- Only morning and mid-day shifts – no late nights
- Saturday or Sunday off PLUS one other weekday
- 40-45 hours per week
- High quality equipment
- Use of premium ingredients
- Amazing food you will prepare
- Dishwashers: you cook, we clean
- Variety of food, always changing
BROWSE OUR OPEN POSITIONS
Royal Oak | Full-time/Part-time (must be 18+)
Line Cook/Prep Cook
Holiday Market, a family-owned, gourmet grocery store in Royal Oak, is looking to hire several self-motivated and energetic Line Cooks for our Smokehouse. Candidates should have an upbeat, friendly personality and love to work with people! Other qualifications should include professional kitchen experience and working a hot line and grill.
- Prepare customer orders with accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Carve and trim meats for hot or cold service.
- Contribute to an overall positive and collaborative environment.
Royal Oak | Part-time (must be 14+, work permit required 14-17) / Full-time (must be 18+)
Flexible hours. Baggers are responsible for providing excellent customer service, bagging groceries, and perform daily chores. Must be able to bag groceries to Holiday Market standards, work well with others, be able to take direction without hesitation, and work well in a fast paced environment. Job responsibilities for baggers include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bag groceries
- Get carts & take hand baskets back
- Closing chores such as bathrooms, trash, break room, bags
- Take care of back stock
- Sweep between registers and other areas of the store
- Standing for long periods of time without breaks
- Be able to lift 15+ pounds
- Help customers out to their car
Royal Oak | Part-Time/Full-Time (All cashiers must be 18+)
Flexible hours. Cashiers are the last stop for our customers when checking out. We expect our cashiers to greet our customers and provide them with excellent customer service while ringing their groceries. Cashiers must be able to bag groceries to Holiday Market standards when needed/when a Bagger is unavailable, work well with others, and be able to work well in a fast paced environment. Job responsibilities for cashiers include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ring groceries
- Bag groceries
- Maintaining a clean work environment including cleaning the register belt
- Able to lift 15+ pounds
- Experience: 1-2 years of customer service experience required
Royal Oak | Part-Time/Full-Time
Counter associates are responsible for providing excellent customer service by quickly and accurately responding to their questions and/or concerns. A counter associate avoids distractions and keeps an eye on the counter at all times. When a customer is approaching they must acknowledge and help them ASAP. Job responsibilities for counter associates include, but are not limited to the following:
- Comfortable speaking with customers
- Fill service cases as stock runs low
- Ensure product in counter is neat and presentable for sale
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Works well with others
- Properly weigh, price, and wrap customer items
- Stand on feet for 8+ hours, with or without breaks
- Able to work open, close, mid-shifts, weekends and holidays
- Able to lift items that weigh over 25 pounds
- Experience: 1 year of customer service experience required.
Royal Oak | Full-Time
Holiday Market, a gourmet grocery store located in downtown Royal Oak, is looking for Meat Cutters to join our team. Associates must be 18 years of age and available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Duties of the Meat Cutter include:
- Use a variety of meat cutting equipment to slice various types of cuts. Including but not limited to grinders, boning knives, saws, meat cutters in order to cut, trim and debone meat according to predefined standards and/or instructions.
- Cut meat down to smaller portions, weigh, label, price, and package variety of cuts to meet the demand of customers in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepare and season processed meat cuts such as sausages and marinate meat according to instructions or special orders from customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by department/store leader.
- Pay: From $17.00 per hour